If you have been participating, keep up the good work! This week, critically think about 4-5 of the habits that you can commit to keep doing throughout the rest of 2017 (25 more weeks). This is not a small ask, but you have already had several weeks of practice. Hopefully, some of these are becoming routine and it not by now, they will be routine by the end of 2017.
If you have not been participating in the challenge, it is not too late. The BIG In-House Throwdown is on July 29. Whether you plan to participate in the competition or attend to cheer on our community, pick 4-5 of these small changes and institute them for the next 2 ½ weeks until the BIG competition.
- Drink at least ¾ of your beverages as plain water each day.
- Eat ½ the amount of sweets per week that you typically eat now.
- Taking sides. Communities and their role in supporting healthful eating.
- Get back on track!
- Hydration coming from vegetables and fruits.
- Stop negative self-talk (out loud or to yourself) about your food choices.
- Two breakfast plans, one beautiful start to the day!
- Is alcohol affecting your muscle gains?
- A new WOD for time!
I hope that you have tried building or breaking a few habits for better athletic performance and health over these last 9 weeks. Half of 2017 still remains. Don’t put off until January what you can begin today!
Happy and healthful eating,
Donna G. Pertel, MEd, RD, LDN
We have a new nutrition challenge coming this fall! If you are interested email me at