With farmer’s markets beginning to carry local produce, families and friends gathering, and weekend and holiday barbeques in full swing, here are some quick, fun summer recipes!
- Freshen up a standard with fresh basil and a modest amount of flavorful Asiago cheese, Vegetable Frittata, or try a Spanish Frittata with Herby Yogurt and Greens.
- Add something new into the mix with a Lentil Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, Tomato, Cucumber, and Red Onion Salad with Mint or a Greek Farro Salad.
- Save time, cook everything on one sheet pan, Salmon, cabbage, potatoes.
- Also how to’s to help you skip the recipe and create your own sheet pan dinner.
- Spice it up with Spanish Style Grilled Vegetables with Bread Crumbs (bread crumbs can be omitted or use whole grain bread) or Smashed Fingerlings with Jalapeños.
- Serve up some sweets with Grilled Peaches with Raspberry Sauce (blend the raspberries and pour over peaches to keep all of the fiber and save some effort), Pistachio Cherry Crumble or a Summer Fruit Salad with Mint Sugar.
- Or test out my family’s favorite summer dish Dry-Rubbed Flank Steak with Grilled Corn Salsa.
Speaking of summer…I’m away for a bit so I won’t be blogging for a couple of weeks. Have a wonderful and safe July 4!
Happy and healthful eating,
Donna G. Pertel, MEd, RD, LDN