The foundation of good health is nutrition. Our philosophy is to live 80% healthy for a lifetime. We take a practical approach to nutrition and just like building your strength good nutrition starts with small changes.
- Eat real, nutrient dense foods and fluids with minimal processing and packaging whenever possible.
- Consume a wide variety of colors of plant foods every day.
- Recognize that no individual food or food choice is good or bad; the overall pattern of food intake is more important.
- Focus on pre- and post-activity fueling to get the most out of every athletic activity.
- Be realistic and make small changes. They make an impact and don’t lead to a feeling of failure if they are not met.
- Strive, each day, for 90% nutrient-dense eating with ~10% discretionary intake.